We are seeking candidates for the role of senior lecturer to support our post-graduate and continuing professional development provision. Experience in one or more of the following areas is essential for the role: advanced clinical practice, V300, critical care. Experience of teaching is essential and candidates with a research profile are welcomed.
The University of Wolverhampton holds a distinctive place within the higher education sector, and is one of the most successful modern universities, delivering excellence in teaching and research, widening access, and in business engagement. Today as the ‘University of Opportunity’, the University is an integral part of economic growth and social change within the West Midlands and beyond.
The School of Nursing is situated within the Faculty of Education, Health and Wellbeing and delivers a wide range of professionally qualifying nursing and health CPD courses. We have state-of the-art, newly developed skills centres at all campuses, offering the opportunity to education students through the use of skills and simulation in a safe environment.
Senior Lecturer key roles and responsibilities
- Support and lead the delivery of the post-graduate and CPD curricula and contribute to the delivery of other modules as appropriate and depending upon experience and expertise.
- Take responsibility for the design, content and delivery of specific areas of teaching and learning
- Contribute to the wider student experience through personal tutoring, classroom teaching and providing support in and outside the classroom
- Assist in student recruitment activities, including interviews, open days and external recruitment events
- The role may require cross-campus working
To be successful in the Senior Lecturer role you will
- Be educated to Master’s level or have evidence of level 7 study and will be registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council as a registered nurse
- Have experience of working in an advanced clinical practitioner role, V300 non-medical prescribing or critical care.
- Have an excellent knowledge of contemporary nursing/healthcare practice
- Be willing to undertake a Post Graduate Certificate in Education if not already achieved. Have an awareness of teaching and learning methodologies, and demonstrate enthusiasm for innovative teaching and supporting the development of learners.
- The University operates an employee assistance and benefit scheme and you will be supported to realise your potential with support for ongoing training and education.
For further information or an informal discussion, please contact: For further information or an informal discussion, please contact Rob Corbet firstname.lastname@example.org