An exciting new opportunity has arisen to join the dynamic and collegial midwifery education team in the Department of Health Sciences at the University of York, a Russell Group institution which is recognised as Gold in the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF). We are proud of our highly regarded and growing midwifery education, which is fully accredited with the UNICEF Baby Friendly Initiative (BFI) standards.
The ideal candidate will have highly developed teaching and leadership skills and an established national and international reputation. You will lead, grow and innovate within our midwifery provision, contributing to the vibrant, multidisciplinary Department of Health Sciences. Our departmental core aim is to improve health and healthcare through the delivery of high quality teaching and the application of challenge-led research to policy and practice.
- To take responsibility for developing, delivering and overseeing innovative and engaging teaching, learning and assessment at undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
- To lead the design, development and delivery of a range of academic programmes of study and ensure compliance with the quality standards and regulations of the Department and University.
- To lead teaching and the promotion of learning, scholarship and development, and effectively undertake a range of administrative and managerial responsibilities.
- To lead the design, development and delivery of an innovative range of programmes and study, sometimes for entirely new courses and at various levels.
- To take responsibility for the quality of the design of existing courses and programmes, continually monitoring, evaluating and revising them to ensure excellence and coherence, identifying areas where current provision is in need of revision or improvement.
- To develop links with external contacts such as other educational bodies, employers and professional bodies to foster collaboration, both nationally and internationally.
- To act as a coach and role model for teaching excellence locally through excellent practice and mentoring other less-experienced teachers.
Skills, Experience & Qualification needed include
- Postgraduate degree in midwifery or related, relevant discipline and ideally PhD.
- Current midwifery registration with the NMC and a postgraduate teaching qualification.
- Extensive subject area knowledge, founded on substantive professional experience.
- Well-established national and international reputation in subject area.
- Extensive track record of teaching at undergraduate and postgraduate level
- Proven ability to plan, manage, organise and assess own teaching contributions, demonstrating leadership, innovation and quality.
- Ability to mentor, manage, motivate and coordinate teaching teams, delegating effectively.
- Ability to undertake significant departmental administrative and management responsibilities, including monitoring and managing resources and budgets.
- Proven ability to plan and shape the direction of midwifery education, ensuring plans complement broader educational strategy.
- Leadership skills to contribute to departmental teaching policy development.
- Highly developed personal attributes commensurate with this senior role.
To apply and for further details visit University of York jobs website https://jobs.york.ac.uk/wd/plsql/wd_portal.show_job?p_web_site_id=3885&p_web_page_id=449891