University College Birmingham are looking for an outstanding individual to lead on the planning, development and delivery of our dietetics pre-registration provision.
You will join an excellent nursing and allied health professions team working to deliver a high-quality educational experience in the Department of Health. Based in the new Moss House Campus, which houses a clinical skills and simulation suite, as well as a commercial clinic & Human Performance Centre and Laboratory. You will have well established links with practice and be able to work across a number of external stakeholders, as well as supporting the development of new practice partners.
You will have experience of teaching in Higher Education and substantial work experience within the field of dietetics alongside suitable experience to deliver specialist modules that translate theory into practice to make a significant impact on the career aspirations of our students. Furthermore, you will have the ability to lead or support delivery across a range of modules which are underpinned by food, nutrition and dietetics.
We are also looking for up-to-date, research informed dietetic knowledge which will be utilised to deliver an interactive, innovative, engaging and programme to our students.
- Generous allocation of annual leave
- 38 days’ paid leave per year
- 12 Bank Holidays & Concessionary Days
- Excellent Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Employer Contribution – 23.6%
- Subsidised private healthcare provided by Aviva including a Digital GP Service.
- Employee Assistance Programme inclusive of counselling services, financial wellbeing support and bereavement support
- Annual health MOTs with our Registered Nurse
- Excellent staff development opportunities including professional qualification sponsorship
- A variety of salary sacrifice schemes including car, technology and cycle.
- Heavily-subsidised on-site car parking in central Birmingham
- Hybrid working opportunities
- Free on-site gym membership
Closing Date – Friday 23 June 2023 at midday
All applicants for employment at the University will be expected to demonstrate an understanding of the principles of Safeguarding and the PREVENT agenda in the context of further and higher education.
UCB is an equal opportunities employer.
University College Birmingham is proud to have been voted UK University of the Year in the prestigious 2022 Whatuni Student Choice Awards. We are also the best university for Student Support. The awards are voted for by students showcasing the incredible relationships we foster here at University College Birmingham between Staff and Students.
You may need to obtain permission to work in the UK if you don’t already have the unrestricted right to work in any role. There are various types of visa which include the right to work. You can check if you need a UK visa using the Government’s online tool and find information about UK visa routes and the eligibility criteria that must be met for each route Work in the UK – GOV.UK (www.gov.uk). All staff are required to prove their right to work in the UK before they start work.
UCB has a unique collaborative partnership with the University of Warwick – Ranked sixth in the 2022 Guardian League Tables and named the runner-up in the Times University of the Year 2022 and the Times University of the Year 2022 for Teaching Quality.