FTE: 1 fte (working 37 hours per week)
Duration of Contract: Permanent
Salary: UH8 £44,263 to £56,021pa depending on skills and experience
Annual Leave: 35 days plus standard public holidays and an additional 4 days including the closure of our office between Christmas and New Year.
The School of Health and Social Work is a multidisciplinary School housing a wide range of undergraduate and post graduate provision in professions allied to medicine. We have a long-established reputation as a centre of excellence for healthcare education in these fields. Due our close partnership working with local Integrated Care Systems (HWE and London), we have a growing provision for Advanced Clinical Practice (ACP) and related postgraduate provision and have a healthy intake of students and learners both on the MSc ACP and the apprenticeship route. We are in the process of applying for NHSE accreditation and are currently successfully through the threshold stage.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the School as a Senior Lecturer in ACP. You will join a friendly and forward facing academic team, which is innovating and developing ACP education and training, working across disciplines, and working with NHSE, the ICS, Clinical Supervisors and students alike to provide innovative education and CPD to practitioners to equip them to respond to the demands of this rapidly evolving landscape. You will be a key member of the academic team who is providing this education and training for the MSc ACP and MSc ACP (with Degree Apprenticeship).
The post requires an individual with knowledge of the current advanced clinical practice landscape; who has experience of working with postgraduate students/learners, and therefore is student/learner focussed; who has the skills to work with clinical partners; and who is a motivated and committed team player committed to working with the programme team to deliver and contribute to the future development of ACP learning teaching and CPD within the School.
Main duties and responsibilities
- To contribute to, and lead on aspects of ACP development, delivery and evaluation of learning and teaching activity in ACP in addition to contributing to ACP CPD and future credentials.
- You will be committed to teaching and learning techniques to engage and support students, including supporting recruitment; initial needs assessments; progress reviews and assessment. Scholarly activity is an important element of the role, and a time allowance is given for this output. You will be engaged in building effective working relationships with local partners and external agencies.
- You will need to be open to working across disciplines and teams.
- We support all our staff achieving Fellowship of Advance HE and gaining recognised teaching qualifications.
Skills and experience required
- You will have experience in supporting student learning in either a practice or classroom setting.
- You will be able to demonstrate evidence of teamworking and working across disciplinary boundaries. Working autonomously is an essential skill as well as having excellent written and verbal communication skills.
You will be Registered with a Healthcare Professional and Regulatory Body and hold a minimum of a Master’s Degree (or equivalent level 7 qualification) or higher level qualification in a relevant subject area.
Interview Date: 15th December 2023
Ref No 053298