School of Health and Life Sciences
Campus: Based on Dumfries Campus however the post holder will be required to work across UWS Campuses as required
THE POST – Senior Lecturer in Adult Nursing, Community and Health
Salary: (AC4) £56,021- £64,914 per annum
Full time, Permanent
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, innovative individual with a PhD (or be nearing completion) who has experience of adult nursing, academia, supervision of students and team leadership.
As a Senior Lecturer, you will share academic leadership and management for the Division, including line management. You will take a lead role in the design, development, and delivery of a range of undergraduate and postgraduate academic programmes within the division, engaging in academic quality assurance and enhancement activity such as to ensure high standards and regulatory/ professional body compliance. Thus, experience of learning and teaching in higher education with a desire to develop, innovative methods to enhance the student experience across our programmes is essential. You will contribute to the development of research and enterprise across the Division, supporting income generation and growth in these key areas of Divisional and School activity.
A Nursing Midwifery Council (NMC) registration is essential for this post.
The successful candidate will have:
- Qualified to PhD Level (or nearing completion) and extensive professional experience in relevant subject area.
- Relevant Master’s Degree (if PhD studies not completed)
- Membership and/or accreditation from an appropriate regulatory/professional organisation (e.g. NMC)
- Extensive and sustained experience of education delivery and development in HEI and or practice settings
- Extensive theoretical and practical knowledge of relevant subject area.
- Extensive experience of relevant subject area practice.
- Experience of student and/or trainee supervision at undergraduate level.
We offer our staff a caring and supportive environment, across five campuses, and a competitive benefits package which includes:
- 35 days of annual leave, plus a further 12 days for public/university holidays
- An additional days leave on your birthday
- 23% employer’s pension contribution, including death in service benefits on joining the pension scheme
- A flexible approach to working pattern and work-life balance
- Employee discount scheme across 3,500 retailers
- Fitness facilities across our campuses
- Access to a range of health and wellbeing resources, including occupational health, physiotherapy, and access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Professional, career and research development opportunities.
To request a job description please contact the recruitment team via firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this role please apply with a CV and Covering Letter highlighting your skills and experience that are relevant to the role.
Closing Date: Monday 9th October 2023
Interview Date: Wednesday 18th October 2023