The recruitment of a new Professor of Teaching and Learning (Health Professional Education) forms part of a strategic initiative to build upon the success of our professional programmes. We are seeking a professionally qualified nurse, midwife or allied health professional, who has significant experience of strategic development of high-quality health professional education. The ethos of the Department of Health Sciences is underpinned by a well-established collaborative and interdisciplinary approach to health professional education and research.
We work hard to ensure that our teaching is informed by high quality, up to date and research enabled through an integrated curriculum delivered and supported by our teaching and scholarly staff. Our students and staff are supported by a large and experienced team of professional support staff who provide a nurturing and responsive environment.
As a member of the Department’s senior management team you will take responsibility for the strategic development for Teaching and Learning across the Department. Your focus will be to spearhead the design, development and strategic direction of the taught programme curricula. Continuously improving the student experience and bringing innovation to our teaching and learning activities.
Assuming the role of Director of Teaching and Learning (4-year term), you will harness the expertise and enthusiasm of your colleagues and guide the future development of our undergraduate and postgraduate taught education provision.
Skills, Experience & Qualification needed
- PhD in Nursing, and/or an Allied Health Professional (AHP) related area or equivalent experience
- Detailed knowledge of Nursing/Midwifery or Allied Healthcare Professional education in the UK
- Proven ability to provide outstanding academic leadership
- Proven ability to manage and deploy staff and resources effectively
- Substantial experience of teaching, learning and assessment in higher education
- Commitment to promoting a collaborative ethos
- Commitment to the fundamentals of Equality, Diversity and Inclusion in the workplace
We particularly welcome applications from female candidates, and candidates from minority ethnic backgrounds, who are under-represented in leadership roles in the institution.
Further information can be found on our website: https://jobs.york.ac.uk/vacancy/professor-of-teaching-and-learning-health-professional-education-479255.html