Edge Hill University, School of Nursing and Midwifery is seeking to appoint an NMC registered External Examiner for the MSci Nurse Paramedic programme with immediate effect. You must have an understanding of the standards for pre-registration nursing, some knowledge or experience in pre-hospital care would be advantageous though is not essential.
External Examiners are typically placed on the Edge Hill University External Examiners Register for a period of four years. Principle duties normally include;
- Visit the University at the least once a year to moderate assessed coursework and examination scripts
- Attend module assessment boards and produce an Annual Report
- Review and approve examination papers that contribute to a student’s final award, and any other assessment material as agreed
- External Examiners are also invited to engage with students in practice
- He/she will have excellent underpinning knowledge of the NMC pre-registration requirements for nursing (NMC) and an understanding of training of and/or HCPC proficiencies for Paramedics.
- The appointment of the external examiner will be a required to collaboratively work with another External examiner to provide the above support for the programme quality standards.
If you would like to discuss specific information relating to the programme, please contact:
Head of Adult Nursing and Primary Care: Rob Monks – email@example.com
Fees and Expenses are payable in line with the University policy. Admission to the University’s External Examiners Register is on the basis of satisfactory completion of the University’s Committee and Personnel approval processes, including Right to Work and Reciprocity Checks.
Prospective External Examiners are encouraged to send an expression of interest and CV to AskNursingMidwifery@edgehill.ac.uk citing the programme title and/or vacancy reference.
Your data will be held and not processed for any purpose other than that for which it has been obtained, in accordance with current Data Protection Legislation until this recruitment process has concluded. Should you be unsuccessful in your application your data will be destroyed securely. For more information, our Privacy Notice is available at https://www.edgehill.ac.uk/externalexaminers/