For more information about the role of the NMC Competence Assessor contact either of the staff below or email email@example.com:
Clair Merriman Programme/Provision Lead 01865 482622
Barry Ricketts | Academic Lead | 01865 48 2622
Amy Volp | Project Manager | 01865 48 8415
Qualifications required for post:
- Diploma in higher education in a health-related subject
- Current registration with the NMC
- Experience as a mentor and/or practice assessor
Experience required for post:
- Recent experience of working in a clinical environment as a nurse or midwife or evidence of maintaining current knowledge and expertise for the proficiencies of pre-registration nursing or midwifery programmes
- Experience of mentor and/or supervising pre or post-registration nursing or midwifery students in a clinical setting
- Experience of teaching clinical skills to pre-registration or post-registration nursing or midwifery students would be desirable or teaching/facilitating learning in the workplace
As one of the largest employers in Oxford we pride ourselves in the great experience we offer our staff. You’ll be joining a friendly, professional environment where every member of staff is recognised as important to the success of Oxford Brookes University. To find out more about the benefits of working for Oxford Brookes please visit: www.brookes.ac.uk/job-vacancies/working-at-brookes.
CV and Personal Statement:
As part of the application process all applicants are required to complete our online application form. All parts of the application form should be completed and in the section of the form called “Supporting Documents”, applicants must upload their CV and a Personal Statement. To complete the Personal Statement part of the application, applicants must download the Personal Statement document and complete the form, providing examples and explaining how they meet each item detailed on the document. The Personal Statement must then be uploaded to the application form along with the CV.
The University has adopted equality, diversity and inclusion as core values. We welcome applications from suitably qualified candidates whatever their background, and especially from BAME candidates who are under-represented in our workforce.
International applicants from outside the EU will need to demonstrate their eligibility to work in the UK.
Interviews are provisionally planned for December 10th virtually by skype.
To email the role of NMC Competency Assessor to a friend please copy and paste the link below: