Lecturer (Teaching)/Senior Lecturer (Teaching) in Paramedic Science
Location: Severn Campus
Salary: £36,333 to £52,841
Post Type: Full Time
Contract Type: Permanent
Interview Date: Thursday 20 July 2023
The University of Worcester seeks to appoint an experienced, enthusiastic, and highly motivated UK HCPC-registered Paramedic to join the Department of Paramedic Science. The successful candidate will be an experienced practitioner with a passion for healthcare education. The successful applicant will also contribute to teaching and learning and be committed to providing a high-quality experience for students.
- You will have experience in curriculum development and innovative course design
- Be registered with the HCPC as a Paramedic
- Hold relevant qualification(s)
- Have experience of supporting learners in a clinical and/or university setting
- Have excellent communication skills
- Be passionate about Paramedic Science and being a Paramedic
The University of Worcester is a high achieving, award-winning, dynamic institution with a notably inclusive, civic ethos. It is one of the Country’s top universities for gender equality, with multiple accolades for teaching quality, inclusion, contribution to the community, and environmental sustainability.
We are a leading provider of health education, from Nursing and Midwifery to Physiotherapy, Paramedicine and Occupational Therapy. Our new Medical School welcomes its first cohort of students in September.
If you are interested in joining us at this exciting time and would relish the challenge of educating the next generation of professionals, we welcome your application.
For this role full-time, part-time and job share will be considered.
What’s in it for you?
Annual incremental increase for Lecturer (Teaching) up to £40,745, with the opportunity to progress to £44,414 and for Senior Lecturer (Teaching) up to £52,841, with the opportunity to progress to £57,724.
- 47 days of leave per year (inclusive of bank holidays and University closure days)
- Attractive Teachers Pension Scheme
- Access to a range of benefits such as our Staff Retail Benefits Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and Tusker Car Leasing
- Wellbeing advice and support through our Employee Assistance Programme
- In-house training and development support
- A friendly, inclusive and supportive culture and work environment
From 1 August 2023, the salary range for this role will increase to Lecturer (Teaching) £37,100 – £41,732, with the opportunity to progress to £45,585 and Senior Lecturer £42,978 – £54,395, with the opportunity to progress to £59,422.
Informal queries in relation to this role are welcome and should be directed to Debbie Sabbato (PA to the Head of School of Allied Health and Community) via email.