The School of Nursing and Midwifery has an exciting opportunity for two Registered Nurses to join an innovative and forwarding thinking team as a Lecturer/ Teaching Fellow within our newly established Practice Learning Hub.
Our vision as a School of Nursing and Midwifery is to aspire to lead Nursing and Midwifery education. To be the first choice for students and apprentices, colleagues, and employers within Birmingham, across the West Midlands, nationally and globally.
The successful applicants will lead on offering support to our students in addressing their individual practice learning needs and on preparing our students for their upcoming placements to ensure they are best enabled towards being successful within their practice learning opportunities. They will work in close partnership with our regional practice placement providers to ensure excellence in practice-based learning for all of our students and to continue to increase and diversify our practice learning opportunities for all of our learners.
The successful applicants will in addition support the development, delivery, and student assessment within a range of contemporary, evidenced-based modules of study relating to both our current and Future Nurse curriculum.
Through effective team and partnership working they will:
- Develop and apply inspiring teaching techniques and content that fosters enthusiasm, understanding, and critical enquiry amongst students, through both online and face-to-face teaching delivery.
- Offer practice and academic guidance across the range of learner levels.
- Develop strategic internal and external networks.
- Provide pastoral support, enabling students to thrive and become independent professionals who are proud to be part of Birmingham City University.
- Be supported to develop research, enterprise, and scholarly activities which are integral to the role.
- Participate in the core delivery of our courses including the recruitment and selection processes relating to the recruitment of student nurses and thus the future nursing workforce.
Essential criteria for interested applicants include the following:
- Hold a current NMC Nursing registration in either Mental Health, Children’s, or Adult Nursing.
- Educated to degree level in a clinically relevant subject area.
- Have experience in supervising and assessing pre-registration nursing learners within the clinical environment.
- Desirable for the role includes previous HEI teaching experience and a higher educational award.
Successful applicants will, if necessary, be fully funded and supported through our own teacher training apprenticeship, including full support for study attendance, and the allocation of a dedicated mentor to support them through the learning requirements.
We are a supportive, and friendly team who work in close partnership with practice partners and students to create an inspiring learning environment. As a team, we are fully committed to striving for excellence and aim to provide outstanding student experiences.
We encourage applicants to arrange an informal discussion prior to their application; to do so please contact Abbie Fordham Barnes, Abbie.FordhamBarnes@bcu.ac.uk