This is an exciting opportunity for an exceptional and experienced nurse, with evidence of excellent professional and educational practice to join a team of enthusiastic and committed staff within the School of Nursing and Midwifery.
The post holder will work closely with practice and university colleagues to develop the discipline of mental health nursing through strong collaborative partnerships and contributing to transformational agendas reflecting the diverse and challenging nature of health and social care. Our desire as an academic community is to develop critical, competent and compassionate practitioners who can make a positive contribution to and impact upon nursing practice. We particularly welcome applications from candidates with experience or practice in learning disability nursing also.
The School sits within the College of Health, Life and Environmental Science and benefits greatly from two outstanding research centres; the University of Worcester is home to the Association for Dementia Studies, which make a national and international contribution to building evidence-based practical ways of working with people living with dementia and their families. In addition, the Mood Disorders Research Centre focuses on investigations of bipolar disorder and other related affective and psychotic illnesses.
By providing expert knowledge, the post holder will be expected to teach and lead agreed modules, assess students, supervise undergraduate research studies, and engage in curriculum development. Staff within the School contribute to all of our NMC approved programmes and it is essential that the appointee is able to adopt a flexible approach to the subjects they teach.
For this role full-time and part-time will be considered.
What’s in it for you?
- Annual incremental increase up to £54,395 for Senior Lecturers and £41,732 for Lecturers
- 47 days of leave per year (inclusive of bank holidays and University closure days)
- Attractive Teachers Pension Scheme
- Access to a range of benefits such as our Staff Retail Benefits Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and Tusker Car Leasing
- Wellbeing advice and support through our Employee Assistance Programme
- In-house training and development support, including research-focussed CPD and formal teaching qualification support
- A friendly, inclusive and supportive culture and work environment
For an informal discussion, please contact Robert Dudley (Head of Three Counties School of Nursing and Midwifery) email@example.com