We are seeking brilliant, friendly, ambitious and inspirational candidates to join our Operating Department Practice lecturing team.
The role would include such activities as:
- Preparing and delivering teaching and learning activity on various aspects of our BSc (Hons) Operating Department Practice and Perioperative Practice courses, including apprenticeships.
- Delivery of clinical skills, theory teaching, academic mentoring, and assessment.
- Enhancement of the student experience and facilitating ongoing course evaluation and development.
- Engaging with and developing innovative and effective teaching methods to enhance student engagement and achievement.
- Contributing to student recruitment and ongoing promotion of the course.
The successful applicants will demonstrate excellent knowledge and skill in Operating Department Practice, will work well within a team and will possess excellent communication skills. Familiarity with the ODP undergraduate course would be beneficial and formal teaching experience is preferred but is not essential if applying for the Lecturer (Grade 7) post, although applicants who do not hold a teaching qualification would be expected to work towards one.
Applicants must hold a relevant professional degree qualification and registration with the HCPC is essential.
The positions will be based at The Centre for Health Innovation, Blackheath Lane Campus, Stafford, although travel to other sites will be expected on occasions.