Salary: Lecturer – Grade 08 £35,326 i £40,927 / Senior Lecturer – Grade 09 £42,149 to 50,296 per annum with USS pension benefits
Contract: Permanent 35 hours however applications for part time work will be considered
Location: Singleton Park Campus
Swansea University has recently been successful in winning the Health Education and Improvement Wales tender to deliver the ODP BSc for south, west Wales. To complement our diverse and experienced of healthcare professionals, the School of Health and Social Care is seeking to add to its existing group of staff following the University’s teaching-focused career pathway.
The post-holder will work alongside the professional lead for ODP and it is anticipated the successful candidate will be the programme director for the OPD programme.
We are looking for an individual who is an experienced ODP who can significantly enhance our student learning experience through teaching and continuing development of the curriculum
Main duties of the role include (full list on JD):
- Teaching Delivery and Review: Carry out effective delivery of the teaching, assessment and quality assurance of modules or other equivalent components of the taught portfolio. Reviewing course content and materials, and developing, designing and updating materials in compliance with quality standards.
- Teaching Innovation and Impact: Deliver teaching practice informed by own or others’ research or informed by personal practice. This includes (i) the teaching activities which the individual engages in, and (ii) content of the teaching which the individual imparts being up-to-date knowledge.
- Esteem: Achieve success in contributing to the wider academic community with demonstrable impact and recognition from internal and external sources. Contribute to institutional teaching impact.
- Advancing and Applying Practice: Demonstrate how innovation, contribution and development have informed practice of self and others through influencing and mentoring.
- Contributing to our Activities: Take part in formulating College/School or University decisions and contribute to activities beyond the immediate research, teaching or scholarship commitments.
Requirements for the role:
- A PhD in a relevant subject area or a degree and relevant professional experience or qualification.
- Recognised teaching qualification that would lead to Fellowship of the Higher Education Academy (HEA) or a commitment to achieve this.
- Evidence of effective delivery and review of teaching and assessment.
- Evidence of undertaking course review and/or quality assurance activities reviewing teaching practice, based on own or others innovation and its impact on student learning.
- Success in contributing to the wider academic community with demonstrable impact and recognition from internal and external sources.
- Evidence of how innovation, contribution and development have informed practice of self and others
To apply for the post and see full Job Description please click on the link: Lecturer / Senior Lecturer in Operating Department Practice (swansea.ac.uk)
Applicants are asked to provide a completed online application providing evidence against the essential criteria in the recruitment documentation. Applicants should also attach to the application:
- Curriculum Vitae
For further information please contact the Head of the School of Health and Social Care Professor Jayne Cutter on email firstname.lastname@example.org