Department: School of Science, Technology & Health
Salary: £34,304 to £51,800 per annum
Closing Date: Monday 18 April 2022 at midnight
Interview Date: Monday 09 May 2022
York St John is an ambitious, modern university at the heart of historic York and there has never been a more exciting time to join us.
As one of the fastest growing universities in the U.K over recent years, we have a new strategy for the next decade, emphasising our commitment to widening opportunity through the power of education and contributing our talents to creating a fairer world, and a more prosperous region. We are putting inspirational learning and impactful research at the heart of this strategy, recognising our academic expertise as our greatest asset.
Our vision for Nursing is founded on an integrative approach that promotes whole person care and provides an excellent educational experience for student nurses enabling them to deliver, kind, evidence-informed, person-centred care. As we develop and grow our nursing programmes this is an ideal opportunity for innovative, creative and dynamic individuals to join and influence our fast paced, friendly and supportive team.
We are seeking enthusiastic, adaptable and motivated individuals in the fields of Adult and Mental Health Nursing to join our growing Nursing team in the School of Science, Technology & Health.
Successful candidates will have:
- an entrepreneurial spirit;
- the ability to design and deliver engaging, supportive learning experiences;
- knowledge and understanding of the critical, theoretical and practical issues relevant to Adult/Mental Health nursing;
- experience of teaching or supervising undergraduate nurses in a practice or academic environment;
- current NMC registration in either Adult or Mental Health nursing as appropriate and evidence of ongoing continued professional development.
Additionally, you will share our values of fairness, sustainability and inspiring others to succeed.
Market supplement enhancements to the pay scale may be considered dependent upon experience.
For informal enquiries please contact Dr Ros Brownlow via e-mail at email@example.com.
If you wish to apply for the role at Senior Lecturer level please refer to pages 6 and 7 of the attached ‘Senior Lecturer criteria’ when completing your application.
We offer a wide range of employee benefits including –
- Excellent annual leave entitlement, including five discretionary university closure days over the Christmas period
- Pension scheme
- Health Cash Plan after one years’ service
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Relocation expenses package for certain roles
The University is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community – a place where we can all be ourselves. We offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements, staff networks and a multi-faith space to support staff from different background
As part of our commitment to providing an inclusive working environment, consideration is given to all requests for job share or flexible working arrangements.
Please note that CVs are not accepted in place of the application form.
Closing Date – Monday 18 April 2022 at midnight
Provisional Interview Date – Monday 09 May 2022
Further details: https://jobs.yorksj.ac.uk/Vacancies.aspx