An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our growing, dynamic and collegial midwifery education team as a Lecturer or Senior Lecturer at the University of York, a Russell Group institution which is recognised as Gold in the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF). The successful candidate will contribute to the vibrant, multidisciplinary environment of the Department of Health Sciences. The Department’s core aim is to improve health and healthcare through the delivery of high quality teaching and the application of challenge-led research to policy and practice. We are committed to underpinning our teaching with our internationally renowned research.
You will engage within the Department of Health Sciences, contributing to the midwifery education portfolio to enhance our strong reputation. In conjunction with clinical partners we provide highly regarded midwifery education, which is fully accredited with the UNICEF Baby Friendly Initiative (BFI) standards. For further details of each role (Lecturer or Senior Lecturer), please refer to the specific job descriptions.
Skills, Experience & Qualification needed (please refer to the specific job descriptions for each role)
- Current midwifery registration with the NMC and a postgraduate teaching qualification.
- Postgraduate degree in midwifery or related, relevant discipline and ideally PhD.
- Specialist subject area knowledge, founded on substantive professional experience.
- Experience in teaching, learning and assessment within Higher Education.
- A commitment to undertake scholarship to enhance the quality of educational provision.
- A commitment to undertake citizenship, including the ability to perform administrative tasks in a timely fashion, and to contribute to the collegial and collaborative ethos of the department.
This is a full time, permanent role, salary £40,927 – £60,022pa
To apply and for further details/job descriptions visit the University of York jobs website https://jobs.york.ac.uk/wd/plsql/wd_portal.show_job?p_web_site_id=3885&p_web_page_id=455791
The University strives to be diverse and inclusive – a place where we can ALL be ourselves.
We particularly encourage applications from people who identify as Black, Asian or from a Minority Ethnic background, who are underrepresented at the University.
We offer family friendly, flexible working arrangements, with forums and inclusive facilities to support our staff. #EqualityatYork