The Division of Mental Health and Learning Disabilities Nursing at London South Bank University run vibrant, well established, and well-regarded programmes in Mental Health and Learning Disabilities Nursing. We are looking for a Learning Disabilities Nurse with up to date clinical skills to join us, and lead our clinical skills teaching.
We are seeking a person who is dynamic and passionate about nurse education to join our growing team, leading in teaching clinical skills.
You will be expected to teach at undergraduate and postgraduate level, predominantly delivering clinical skills theory and practical skills.
You will be able to inspire our students and will have a keen interest in developing nurse education, embracing new technologies as well as delivering face to face teaching. .
We pride ourselves on our inclusive ways of working and embrace diversity. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
- You will need to be an experienced nurse with a passion for passing on your knowledge and experience.
- You will be capable of challenging our students, enabling them to meet the physical health needs of our service users.
- The successful applicant will need to be student focused in their approach and be willing to use and learn the latest thinking in digital and technological tools for student support and learning.
The skills and experience you will need to be successful
- You will have a registration as a nurse.
- You will have up-to-date clinical skills and be confident in teaching these to student nurses.
- You will have relevant degree (for a level 7 Lecturer post), or a Masters (for the grade 8 Senior Lecturer post), or significant equivalent experience. A teaching qualification is desirable but non-essential. The successful candidate will be supported to study for one.
- You will need to have the ability to develop research interests and engage in enterprise.
- You will be able to teach on both pre-registration nursing programmes at both undergraduate and postgraduate level and lead modules.
- You will have excellent communication and organisational skills
Details about the role and How to apply
- This post is offered on a full-time and permanent basis
- Considerations can be made for part-time applications.
To apply for this post, please submit an application form
To view the Job Description & Person Specification – go to the attachments at the top of the advert (Right click and select ‘open in new tab’ option)
Interview and assessment process:
Closing Date: Midnight, Sunday 26th February 2023
It is expected that interviews will be held on w/c TBC
Please Note: The Job Reference # for this post is REQ8180
For an informal discuss about this post, please contact Head of Division Audley Graham email@example.com
Please note, the contact details listed above are for enquiries only. Application forms, covering letters, or curriculum vitae documents sent directly to the contact listed will be disregarded.
Employment Visa: Under the UK Governments PBS scheme this role meets the criteria to be sponsored by LSBU for a Skilled Worker Route (SWR) application.
Please be advised that currently LSBU will only support the Certificate of Sponsorship for any employment visas and will not support the payment of the employment visa for the offered candidate and/or dependants.
Recruitment Process: The email account you use to apply will be used for recruitment communication.