Are you an ultrasonographer ready for an exciting new challenge? Do you want to help shape the future ultrasound workforce?
We are seeking to appoint a Lecturer on an 18month contract either on a full time, part time or secondment basis. The post-holder’s principal role will be to support the development of medical ultrasound education in the UK with a particular focus on the NW region working with the newly formed Ultrasound Hub and spokes at the University of Salford, Northern Care Alliance and Manchester Foundation Trust. Working very closely with the Programme Leader this is a key role within the team.
The successful applicant will be required to work as part of a team developing and delivering high quality academic provision, specifically taking a role delivering clinical education and the co-ordination of placement learning activities associated with the medical ultrasound course delivered by the Ultrasound Hub. The post holder will implement teaching and learning, widening participation and other strategies in order effect the provision of high-quality learning opportunities and the best possible student experience. A central component to the role will be focused towards working with placement providers across the region within both spokes in supporting clinical placement learning and assessment activity.
The post-holder will be expected to:
- Work as part of the Ultrasound team to deliver excellent education and student experience
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to plan, design, develop and deliver a range of ultrasound education
- Promote development and delivery of innovative simulation and practice-based learning opportunities through the delivery of our ultrasound academy
- Contribute to our thinking and challenge how Salford can transform the way it addresses equity, disparities, embraces diversity and becomes more inclusive
- Foster the development of an inclusive community, using teaching approaches which encourage inclusivity, working in partnership with students to improve their sense of belonging, diversifying the curriculum and using approaches to inclusive assessment to close the award gap
We are looking for a motivated, creative and ambitious academic to work within our Radiography team, building on our strengths and developing new areas of business to meet the demands of a changing world. The candidate must be an excellent team player who is willing to work on a variety of leadership activities and tasks both within the Directorate and across the wider school and University. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to develop their career within an innovative, progressive and supportive environment with a range of opportunities for development.
For an informal conversation please contact Dr Claire Mercer firstname.lastname@example.org for an informal discussion.