Lecturer in Paramedic Science
Division: Nursing and Paramedic Science
Hours: 35 hours per week (1.0 FTE) Open-Ended
Grade: 8 £41,931 – £52,841 per annum (with possible progression to £59,540 per annum)
We invite applications from enthusiastic and experienced HCPC registered paramedics to join the School of Health Sciences at Queen Margaret University (QMU), Edinburgh as a Lecturer in Paramedic Science. Based within the Division of Nursing and Paramedic Science the successful applicant will have an opportunity to take an active role in the delivery of paramedic education at degree level.
The post will involve facilitation of learning, teaching and assessment in an interprofessional working environment primarily within the BSc in Paramedic Science programme which commenced in September 2020. This exciting and challenging post presents opportunities for the successful post holder to challenge themselves, take on new roles and be part of changing the landscape of paramedic provision in Scotland. The successful post holder will have an opportunity to shape and develop new modules and support learners at all stages of the programme. This role will enable you to contribute to a high quality, person-centred and contemporary programme to provide students with the skills and competencies to deliver out of hospital care, in a range of health settings, as a member of an integrated health and social care team. This post may be of particular interest for paramedics with an interest in or experience of advanced / specialist practice or leadership/management positions.
We welcome applications which demonstrate:
- Extensive and current experience as a Paramedic.
- Recent experience of facilitating learning for paramedics or other health care professionals, including supporting students on placement. We particularly welcome applicants with experience of / or interest in online learning. The successful candidate will have opportunities to complete the e Post Graduate Certificate in Professional and Higher Education.
- Evidence of recent continuing professional development. You will hold or be working towards a Master’s degree or have completed learning at post graduate level or equivalent.
- A positive attitude to new challenges, creative approaches to learning and teaching as well as new ways of working.
- Enthusiasm about changing the landscape of paramedic provision in Scotland.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Interest in scholarly activity around paramedic practice.
For an informal discussion, please contact Sona Mojzisova, Programme Lead, Paramedic Science, SMojzisova@qmu.ac.uk or Ruth Magowan, Interim Head of Division, Nursing and Paramedic Science.
Should you wish to apply for this vacancy please visit Vacancy Page and download the job description and complete an application form.
The closing date for this position is Sunday 18th June 2023
Please note interviews will be held on Tuesday 11th July 2023
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
This role does meet the minimum requirements set by UKVI to enable sponsorship of migrant workers.