At Robert Gordon University (RGU) we are proud of our excellence in education and research and we are offering an opportunity to join our great team as a Lecturer in Paramedic Practice.
The School of Nursing, Midwifery and Paramedic Practice is a vibrant academic community and the main provider of both undergraduate and postgraduate nursing, midwifery and paramedic education in the North of Scotland. Our vision is to transform health and social care in urban, remote and rural areas and our new School Strategy sets out how we will achieve that.
As a Lecturer in Paramedic Practice, you will join a motivated team of academics, providing high quality and impactful teaching and learning in relation to the BSc Paramedic Practice programme and across the school. You will also have the opportunity to support student learning in practice with practice placement experiences constituting a significant part of the BSc Paramedic Practice programme.
With knowledge, experience, and skills as well as a degree in a relevant subject, you’ll be expected to contribute to the wider School portfolio which includes undergraduate and postgraduate Nursing, Midwifery and Paramedic education. A committed and motivated professional, you should have excellent communication and teaching skills and be able to motivate and inspire students. All our education is evidence based and we encourage curiosity and innovation in our staff to enhance our academic portfolio. Opportunities to undertake or contribute to applied health or educational research are promoted. You may also be able to get involved in the School’s commercialisation activities.
What we can offer you:
- A full-time, permanent position, but we will consider different and flexible contract types, such as part-time working.
- Whilst we are focussed on educating the next generation of Nurses, Midwives and Paramedics, we also appreciate the need to retain skills in the health profession, so we may consider part and full time secondments from your current role.
- A competitive salary, excellent pension scheme and a generous annual leave allowance, including closure every Christmas and New Year.
- An option for hybrid working in line with our HR policy.
- You will be supported to engage in scholarship and research for your professional and personal development.
- We are committed to inclusion, the health and wellbeing of our staff and to the sustainability of our environment.
RGU’s ultra-modern campus, located on the outskirts of the vibrant and prosperous city of Aberdeen, offers a superb place to live, work and develop your career. A relocation package is available to assist with your transition to RGU, where you’ll enjoy working in one of the most impressive university settings in the UK, with first-class educational infrastructure and outstanding sporting and leisure facilities, all set against a stunning rural backdrop on the banks of the river Dee. More information can be found on our relocation pages
For informal enquiries please contact:
Dr Neil Johnson, Associate Dean email@example.com
James Brogan, Principal Lecturer firstname.lastname@example.org
This post is subject to a Disclosure Scotland check. For more information visit: https://www.mygov.scot/basic-disclosure/
Grade 7 Salary Scale: £38,205 – 44,263
Grade 8 Salary Scale: £45,585 – 54,395
Salary on appointment will be dependent upon experience.