An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the dynamic and collegial education team at the Department of Health Sciences, University of York as a Lecturer in Nursing. The Department of Health Sciences is one of the most highly regarded centres for nursing and midwifery education in the UK, ranking in the Top 10 of both the Complete University Guide and Guardian University league table. In this role you will be involved in our growing nursing and health professional pre- and post-registration education provision at undergraduate and post-graduate levels. Your role will include supporting the learning of students in academic and clinical environments, and working with our practice partners to ensure an exceptional student experience. We are particularly interested in hearing from applicants with experience of integrating mental and physical nursing care and health service delivery.
- To lecture, lead seminars, tutorials and other forms of undergraduate and postgraduate teaching in a range of modes including online, face-to-face, and in clinical practice.
- To develop and apply innovative and appropriate teaching and assessment techniques, creating materials which generate interest, understanding and enthusiasm amongst students
- To carry out on-going curriculum review and development, including teaching content and materials, and contribute to the development of teaching, learning and assessment strategies
- To undertake effectively a range of administrative and managerial responsibilities
Skills, Experience & Qualification needed
- Postgraduate degree in Nursing or a related subject OR evidenced equivalent experience
- Current registration as a Nurse with the Nursing & Midwifery Council
- Extensive knowledge of Nursing to design and develop teaching programmes and the provision of learning support across different levels of academic activity
- Experience in teaching and learning in HE at undergraduate or postgraduate level or in a similar context such as clinical practice
To apply visit the University of York website (Jobs) https://jobs.york.ac.uk/wd/plsql/wd_portal.show_job?p_web_site_id=3885&p_web_page_id=449989