AC2 Lecturer in Midwifery – REF017
Full time: 35 hours per week
2 POSTS – AC2: £40,522 to £48,349 per annum
THE POST – Lecturer in Midwifery
Due to a continued significant investment in our teaching portfolio within the School of Health & Life Sciences we are seeking applications from individuals to join the School’s Division of Midwifery and Specialist Nursing as a Lecturer in Midwifery. You will join a dedicated team who strive to continuously inspire our students and wider University community – and, through modern teaching and impactful research, continue to deliver innovative solutions to some of the world’s biggest challenges.
The post holder will support the delivery of the undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in the Division of Midwifery and Specialist Nursing, as well as contributing to the wider educational portfolio through subject specialism.
The successful candidate should have the following:
- Relevant Masters Degree (or nearing completion) and professional registration (NMC)
- Sufficient breadth or depth of specialist knowledge and experience in the midwifery discipline to maintain ability to work within established research/teaching programmes
- Support for learners in midwifery related / maternal health environments
The ideal candidate should have the following skills:
- Appropriate IT skills for effective teaching/research and administrative contributions.
- Effective organisation of allocated tasks and activities.
- Developing research, teaching or consulting skills including quantitative/qualitative methods.
- Familiarity with a variety of strategies to promote and assess learning.
- Understand and adhere to Health & Safety procedures and minimise risk to others through knowledge of such procedures, seeking advice where required.
The Division of Midwifery and Specialist Nursing offers a large portfolio of health-related modules and professional programmes inclusive of pre-registration BSc and MSc Midwifery. We also work in partnership with seven NHS Boards to deliver a quality assured, contemporary healthcare student experience.
We offer our staff a caring and supportive environment, across five campuses, and a competitive benefits package which includes:
- 35 days of annual leave, plus a further 12 days for public/university holidays
- 23% employer’s pension contribution, including death in service benefits on joining the pension scheme
- A flexible approach to working pattern and work-life balance
- Employee discount scheme across 3,500 retailers
- Fitness facilities across our campuses
- Free gym membership
- Access to a range of health and wellbeing resources, including occupational health, physiotherapy and access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Professional, career and research development opportunities.
Informal enquiries can be made by contacting: Dr Angela Dow (interim Head of Division) email@example.com or Dr Dawn Cameron Dawn.Cameron@uws.ac.uk (Senior Lecturer & Lead Midwife Education).
To apply, please submit a CV and cover letter detailing how you meet the criteria to the recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Friday 1st September 2023
Interviews will be held: Tuesday 19th September 2023
The University reserves the right to shorten/extend the closing date of any position where a high/low volume of suitable applications are received.