Further your career with Edinburgh Napier University
Join our team!
We are seeking to recruit a lecturer in Midwifery who is passionate about the development of the midwifery profession and preparing future midwives!
As a member of the Midwifery Subject Group, you will be joining a vibrant academic team who work with other colleagues across the school as part of a supportive, collaborative interprofessional community. You will be working with expert enthusiastic colleagues who are committed to providing an outstanding student experience on our midwifery programmes, at all academic levels.
If you are excited at the prospect of joining our fantastic interprofessional team as a lecturer in midwifery, then we’d love to receive an application from you!
You will be working with an expert enthusiastic team committed to providing an outstanding student experience on our midwifery, women’s health and other relevant programmes.
As part of your role you will teach, assess, support students as a personal tutor and lead modules and/or programmes in the school; with initial support if you are new to Higher Education.
You will be supported in the role to further develop your own academic career in your identified academic pathway (Professional Practice, Learning & Teaching or Research) through access to a range of resources available to all University staff and through a coaching approach to personal development. We work in an inclusive way and can support flexible working. We will also consider applications for part-time time working, job sharing and secondments.
If you are excited at the prospect of joining our fantastic interprofessional team, then we’d love to receive an application from you!
Who we’re looking for
- A Registered Midwife (RM) degree level qualification.
- Current active registration with the UK Nursing and Midwifery Council as a midwife
- Demonstrable evidence of teaching, assessing, and supporting learners in a higher education and/or clinical practice setting
- Doctoral level qualification
- A growing research profile including peer reviewed publications and/or professional dissemination activity
- Commitment to sustained continuous professional/academic development.
- Experience of working clinically
- Post-graduate certificate in higher education or equivalent
- Fellowship of the Higher Education Academy
- Evidence of applying for external funding
How will we reward you?
Salary: £44,263 – £56,021 per annum (Grade 6)
Join us and you will find that we offer support and recognition wherever due, as well as fantastic benefits such as an attractive pension with employer contributions of up to 23% and a minimum of 46 days holiday.
There are professional development opportunities, discounted access to onsite sports facilities and a wide range of other staff discounts.
Application closing date: 20th August 2023
Interview date: Week of 4th of September
For general inquiries. please contact our Recruitment Team at email@example.com.