Lecturer in Healthcare Technologies (multiple roles)
Further your career with Edinburgh Napier University
We are seeking to recruit two Lecturers in Healthcare Technologies who are passionate about the development of this specialism and have a growing national academic reputation in this important subject discipline.
As a member of the School of Health & Social Care, you will be joining a vibrant academic team who work with other colleagues across the school as part of a supportive, collaborative interprofessional community.
We are seeking healthcare experienced individuals with knowledge of healthcare technologies including digital, who can lead the delivery of learning and teaching as part of our new MSc Clinical Healthcare Technology.
If you are excited at the prospect of joining our fantastic interprofessional team as a lecturer in health technologies, then we’d love to receive an application from you!
You will work closely with our Professor of Healthcare Technology, Innovation and Assessment who is leading a growing community of academic practice in this exciting discipline.
The key focus of this role is to develop and deliver learning and teaching connected to digital health care technology and to collaborate on the growth of multi-disciplinary CPD, knowledge exchange and research in this discipline. You will be a member of the Subject Group of Allied Health & Social Care Science and have a key role to play to lead educational delivery of our new MSc in Clinical Healthcare Technology.
You will be supported in the role to further develop your own academic career on a learning & teaching or professional practice academic pathway, through access to a range of resources available to all University staff and through a coaching approach to personal development.
We work in an inclusive way and can support flexible. If you’re excited at the prospect of joining our fantastic interprofessional team then we’d love to receive an application from you!
- Current registration with the NMC, HCPC or equivalent
- Doctoral level qualification
- Demonstrable evidence of teaching, assessing and supporting learners in a higher education and/or clinical practice setting
- A growing research/scholarship profile including peer reviewed publications and professional dissemination activity.
- Commitment to sustained continuous professional/academic development.
- Experience of working clinically in a health or social care setting
- Post-graduate certificate in higher education or equivalent.
- Fellowship of the Higher Education Academy or a strong willingness to achieve membership within 2 years of appointment.
- Evidence of applying for external funding.
How will we reward you?
Salary: £44,263 – £56,021 per annum (Grade 6)
Join us and you will find that we offer support and recognition wherever due, as well as fantastic benefits such as an attractive pension with employer contributions of up to 23% and a minimum of 46 days holiday.
There are professional development opportunities, discounted access to onsite sports facilities and a wide range of other staff discounts.
Application closing date: Sunday, 20th August 2023 @ 11:59 pm
Interview date: Week of 4th September