Department: Department of Midwifery & Radiography
School: School of Health and Psychological Sciences
We are seeking to appoint an outstanding Lecturer in Diagnostic Radiography (Medical Ultrasound) who has academic and teaching experience in this field and can lead on, and develop, our current medical ultrasound provision. The postholder is expected to have strong academic experience and a professional background, including experience in medical ultrasound. They will have experience in supporting medical ultrasound practice and education.. We are looking for candidates with experience of general ultrasound, in particular abdominal ultrasound.
- Make a significant contribution to the educational activities of the School, in line with the Education and Student Strategy, ensuring education is of high-quality, professionally relevant and informed by research, scholarship and pedagogy.
- Undertake scholarly activities designed to enhance education.
- Participate in activities related to enterprise and, where relevant to the role, professional practice.
- Undertake administrative or management responsibilities and play a part as a member/leader of the wider academic community, as appropriate to an academic role at this level.
- Undertake other duties within the scope of the post, as reasonably requested by the Departmental Lead and/or Dean of School.
- Contribute to curriculum and educational development through the integration of scholarship, research and professional/clinical activities.
- Plan, organise and manage education, learning and assessment activities within a defined educational programme, in collaboration with colleagues, where appropriate.
- Ensure that module/course content, methods of delivery (including in-person and online delivery modes) and learning materials and assessments are in alignment with students’ needs, defined learning outcomes and quality expectations and maximise available learning technologies.
- Ensure that education is informed by relevant subject, pedagogic and practice-based research, including own original disciplinary and/or pedagogic research, where appropriate.
- Contribute to module and/or programme approvals and/or accreditations, quality controls and review processes.
- Undertake appropriate activity in relation to personal tutoring and the supervision of students on undergraduate and taught postgraduate programmes.
- Engage with academic colleagues undertaking relevant discipline-based, pedagogic or practice-based research and scholarship activities and ensure that research evidence is used appropriately in educational activities.
- Through the dissemination of innovation and/or educational practice, develop own internal and external profile.
- Support and mentor undergraduate, postgraduate and research students, aiding their education and professional development.
Enterprise and Professional Practice
- Contribute to the development and delivery of commercial, consultancy, Continuing Professional Development (CPD) and other enterprise activities within the School and wider University, including liaising with external parties.
- Engage with professional practice
Any further information follow the link city.jobs.ac.uk