Full-Time, (1.0 FTE) – Permanent
Salary within the range of £41,732 to £46,974 per annum
About the Role
You will be joining our Nursing provision, contributing to training the next generation of health care professionals, primarily on the PGDip District Nursing programme but also contributing to the teaching of our BSc and MSc Adult Nursing students.
You will be based in our new building which houses two floors of brand-new clinical simulation facilities, featuring two state-of-the-art hospital wards, a midwifery birthing unit, a new sports and exercise facility, a working radiography imaging suite, counselling/physiotherapy clinic rooms and the Suffolk Institute of Health and Wellbeing research. Further information: https://www.uos.ac.uk/content/healthandwellbeingbuilding
This is a fantastic opportunity for a candidate with contemporary experience in clinical practice and/or education.
You must possess excellent knowledge in contemporary nursing practice, be proficient in the delivery of clinical skills training, registered with the NMC as a Specialist Practitioner – District Nurse, and have previous experience of supporting students clinically.
- Generous annual leave entitlement of 25 days for Bands 1-4 and 30 days for Bands 5 and above, plus 8 Bank Holidays and any university closure days, and development time (for Academic posts).
- Agile and flexible working, including family friendly policies.
- Pension scheme: should you opt-in to USS pension scheme, you’ll pay 9.8% of your salary and UoS will contribute 21.6% (changing to 21.1% in April 2024).
- Staff discounts at a number of local amenities.
- Discounted membership at various Ipswich Fit sites: unlimited access to gyms, swimming lanes, fitness classes and discounted racket sports.
- Wellbeing programmes.
- Staff recognition annual awards.
Application details and contacts for informal discussion, may be obtained from our website: https://www.uos.ac.uk/jobs
Closing date: Friday 8 December 2023, Midnight
Interview date: Monday 18 December 2023
We are a values-driven organisation, committed to ensuring we remain a beacon for aspiration and achievement while providing a great environment to work and study.
We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community – a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit. We offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements, staff engagement forums, campus facilities and services to support staff from different backgrounds. If you share our values and our vision, you will find a home at the University of Suffolk.