Ranked in the top 6 in England, for Nursing, in the 2022 Complete University Guide, Keele University’s School of Nursing and Midwifery are seeking to appoint an External Examiner with a remit to cover End Point Assessment (EPA) for the Advanced Clinical Practice apprenticeship programme at Level 7. Please see website for further detail relating to this programme:
The School of Nursing and Midwifery offer a range of apprenticeship programmes across both our pre and post registration programmes: https://www.keele.ac.uk/apprenticeships/apprenticeshipsoffered/
Responsibilities of the role will include:
- ensuring that the Gateway requirements have been satisfactorily met;
- ensuring that all components of the End Point Assessment have been met;
- attending the final assessment boards to confirm EPA decisions.
Expressions of interest are invited from colleagues who are current Registered Nurses with the NMC.
The criteria for appointment include;
- be a nurse or nursing associate registered with the NMC
- possess a recordable teaching qualification
- relevant academic and/or professional qualifications to at least the level of the qualification being externally examined
- familiarity with the standard to be expected of learners to achieve the award that is to be assessed, as set out in the Nursing Associate Apprenticeship standard and assessment plan
- be independent of the learners involved on the programme
Previous experience as an external examiner is desirable, but not essential.
The successful applicant would be appointed with effect from August 2022 for a term of 4 academic years.
Applicants should send an expression of interest, by CV to: Sarah Roberts email@example.com by the 7 February 2022.