Appointment of Independent End Point Assessor (IEPA) of ODP Apprenticeship programme
The University of Bolton, School of Nursing and Midwifery, is seeking to appoint an external examiner for EPA Assessor for the BSc (Hons) Operating Department Practice Programme.
The end point assessment will provide independent synoptic assessment of the knowledge, skills and behaviours of the apprenticeship standard. The assessment will deliver a valid, reliable and independent judgement that the apprentice has achieved the standard required to complete the apprenticeship as an Operating Department Practitioner
The role and responsivities include:
- Deliver the EPA requirements as set out in the Assessment Plan for the relevant Apprenticeship Standard including:
- Reviewing and confirming evidence regarding the EPA criteria
- Observes and assesses the apprentice in the observation of practice
- Determines the observation grade
- Determines the Professional Discussion grade
Nominees should have some experience and expertise of the following:
- Practice-based/vocational settings in relation to Apprenticeship programmes
- Experience and understanding of Apprenticeship Standards and Assessment Plans.
- Is occupationally competent in Operating Department Practice and academically competent in degree level assessment
In addition, for HCPC accredited programmes, nominees should:
- Be an Operating Department Practitioner registered with the HCPC, or an NMC/HCPC registrant with appropriate experience and understanding of the ODP profession, standards of proficiency and role.
- Hold a minimum academic qualification level of BSc.
- Comply to the requirements of the EPAO (Approved Education Institution- University of Bolton)
- Be independent of the apprentice, the EPAO (University of Bolton) or employing organisation who are involved in delivering the apprenticeship
Nominees should be available for EPAs during the weeks beginning 10th and 17th January 2022, and further dates on agreement with Programme Leader for any resubmissions.
To apply for this post please email a copy of your CV or for further information contact Dr Trish Houghton at T.A.Houghton@bolton.ac.uk