The University of Worcester provides a range of professional programmes across a broad spectrum of related health and social care professions. These programmes embrace postgraduate, undergraduate and apprenticeship provision within medicine, nursing, allied health professions and applied health & social care arenas. This is a new permanent appointment, and the role is suitable for applicants from a wide range of backgrounds and experience.
This is an exciting opportunity for an outstanding administrator or practitioner to join a highly professional and motivated team to work in tandem with skills and simulation leads on our simulated education portfolio. A key feature will be the facilitation of staff capability and physical resources required to deliver innovative and creative teaching, learning and assessment across the portfolio of health and social care professions education.
Our programmes use uniprofessional and interprofessional practice-based education, clinical skills, and learning through simulation opportunities requiring engagement with practice partners and employers to ensure the currency of current and future provision. The role includes management of the University’s simulation centres which includes facilities at Sheila Scott centre, Elizabeth Casson centre, Elizabeth Garrett Anderson centre, Riverside centre, and Ability House. The post holder will have line management responsibility for clinical skills technicians and to lead the development of future simulated education provision. The post holder will also manage discipline requirements for simulated/ standardised patients.
What’s in it for you?
- Annual incremental increase up to £41,732, with the opportunity to progress to £45,585
- Up to 36 days of leave per year (inclusive of bank holidays and University closure days) rising to 41 total days after 5 years’ service
- Attractive Local Government Pension Scheme
- Access to a range of benefits including our Staff Retail Benefits Scheme
- Wellbeing advice and support through our Employee Assistance Programme
- In-house training and development support
- A friendly, inclusive and supportive culture and work environment
Informal queries are welcome and should be directed to Jo Rouse via email at email@example.com