The Head of Division (HoD) role will manage and lead the advancement of our work in interdisciplinary healthcare education and collaborative partnerships, by further developing the Speech and Hearing Sciences, strategic foci at QMU. The role of the Head of Division in this structure demonstrates leadership and management skills maintaining responsibility for specific functions as required by the School/University.
The Head of Division along with the Director of the Research Centre forms the Leadership Team for the Division. The incumbent will also work collegiately with the HoDs across the School to maintain the values shared across the Divisions and to enhance interdisciplinary learning and working to meet the objectives of the University strategy and the School operational plan.
The role will contribute alongside the HoDs across the School, to the School Executive Board and the School Leadership and Management Group.
- Provide strategic leadership, insight, in-depth knowledge and vision for the Division that will support the University to deliver its strategic goals in regard to academic development, student learning and research.
- Effective line management of the academic and research staff.
- Enhance the profile of the Division in international fora and relevant local and national networks through academic leadership.
- Lead, manage and develop a team of staff to effectively manage and co-ordinate all aspects of the implementation of the School operational plan in relation to Speech and Hearing Sciences
- Working with professional service staff, and the Dean manage the Divisional budget, ensuring that future developments are included with appropriate planning and costing.
- Lead innovative curriculum development, management, marketing and research at pre, post-registration and postgraduate levels.
- With the Research Director of the Clinical Audiology, Speech and Language Research Centre, promote the building of research and development capacity, and capability across all subject areas. The head of Division and Centre Director will collaborate with existing research and researchers in the Division and the School of Health Sciences, to enhance the University’s research capability and credibility.
- Actively promote Speech and Hearing Sciences and engage with statutory and voluntary services, service users and other members of the interdisciplinary team to enhance subject development.
- Undertake administrative, management and other duties as agreed with the Dean of School of Health Sciences and any other duties appropriate to the grade and nature of the post.
- Participate in the corporate activities of the staff group within and outwith the University.
How to apply
For any queries about the post please contact Dr Sara Smith, Dean of the School of Health Sciences firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information and the job description please visit: https://www.qmu.ac.uk/footer/vacancies/vacancies/head-of-division-of-speech-and-hearing-sciences/