We are seeking a dynamic respected and trusted academic leader to lead the Division of Occupational Therapy & Arts Therapies.
About the role
The Head of Division (HoD) role will manage and lead the advancement of our work in interdisciplinary healthcare education and collaborative partnerships, by further developing the Occupational Therapy & Arts Therapies strategic foci at QMU. The role of the Head of Division has a primary focus of leadership and management of the Division along with maintaining responsibility for specific functions as required by the School/University.
The Head of Division along with the other Heads of Divisions and Directors of the School Research Centres form the Leadership Team for the School and collectively work to maintain the values shared across the Divisions and to enhance interdisciplinary learning and working to meet the objectives of the University strategy and the School operational plan.
The role will contribute alongside the other Heads of Divisions to the School Leadership and Management Group and University Governance Committees.
- Provide strategic vision, leadership, insight, and in-depth discipline knowledge for the Division that will support the University to deliver its strategic goals in regard to learning academic development, research, innovation, knowledge exchange, entrepreneurialism and commercialization.
- Effective line management of the academic and research staff.
- Enhance the profile of the Division in international fora and relevant local and national networks through effective academic leadership.
- Lead, manage and develop a team of staff to effectively manage and co-ordinate all aspects of the implementation of the School operational plan in relation to the Division.
- Work with professional services staff, and the Dean to manage the Divisional and School budget, ensuring that future developments are included with appropriate planning and costing.
- Lead innovative curriculum development, management and marketing of Division pre, post-registration and postgraduate award programmes and short courses.
- Work with other Heads of Divisions and Directors of the School Research Centres to maintain the values shared across the Divisions to enhance interdisciplinary learning, research, innovation, commercialization and entrepreneurial activity in order to meet the objectives of the University strategy and the School operational plan.
- Actively promote the work of the Division and engage with statutory and voluntary services, other relevant sector organizations and service users to enhance discipline developments.
- Undertake administrative, management and other duties as agreed with the Dean of School of Health Sciences and any other duties appropriate to the grade and nature of the post.
- Participate in the corporate activities of the staff group within and out with the University.
How to apply
For any queries about the post please contact Dr Sara Smith, Dean of the School of Health Sciences email@example.com
For more information please visit: https://www.qmu.ac.uk/HOD-OTAT
Should you wish to apply for this vacancy please visit Vacancy Page, download the job description and complete an application form.
The closing date for this position is Thursday 14th December 2023.
Interviews to be held Tuesday 9th January 2024.