Canterbury Christ Church University is seeking to appoint an external/independent assessor for the BSc Occupational Therapy Apprenticeship programme.
Responsibilities of the External/Independent Assessor are as follows:
- Attend the Progression and Award Board of Examiners and sign off the EPA for each apprentice.
- Provide brief report to Progression and Award Board on apprentices who have not met the required gateway including feedback as to why.
- Attend the University induction for External Examiners and Independent Assessors.
- Attend a local course induction delivered by the Course Director.
- Liaise with the Course Director at the beginning of each academic year to identify the expected number of apprentices and the timing of the Board of Examiners.
- Scrutinise the Apprentice profile prior to the Board of Examiners, making sure that the Gateway requirements have been met. Seek clarification from the Course Director where required.
- Review all profiles as a result of re-submitted within specified time scales
Essential Experience and Qualifications are:
- Right to work in the UK
- Knowledge and understanding of UK sector agreed reference points for the maintenance of academic standards and assurance and enhancement of quality.
- Awareness of current developments in the design and delivery of relevant assessments.
- Competence and experience in the fields covered by Apprenticeship.
- Relevant academic and/or professional qualifications to at least the level of the qualification, and/or extensive practitioner experience, where appropriate.
- Competence and experience relating to designing and operating a variety of assessment tasks appropriate to the subject and operating assessment procedures.
- Sufficient standing, credibility and breadth of experience within the discipline to be able to command the respect of academic and, where appropriate, professional peers.
- Knowledge and understanding of the EPA performance expected of apprentices to achieve the award being assessed.
- Fluency in English.
- Meets applicable criteria set by Professional, Statutory and Regulatory Bodies.
To apply for this opportunity please send a statement of how you meet the criteria and your CV by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 9th September
Please note that appointment is subject to approval by the Faculty’s Quality and Standards Office and we may require further details from you to submit the nomination.