We are seeking to appoint one Subject External Examiner and one Subject and Award External Examiner for the BSc Psychology programme, and modules taught on associated Minors programmes delivered to students in other schools. The BSc Psychology programme is based within the School of Psychology, Faculty of Health. It is a full time 3-year undergraduate programme which on successful completion leads to eligibility to apply for graduate membership of the British Psychological Society.
Both appointments will be for four years and the commitment required is as follows:
- To review a range of coursework throughout the year.
- To approve the content of formal examinations.
- To attend a subject assessment panel each year and to submit an annual external examiner report.
- To engage in communication with the programme team.
- To carry out an interim visit per year, either in person or by virtual means, to meet with staff and students to obtain feedback on assessment in practice and to strengthen your engagement with the ongoing teaching, learning and assessment processes.
- For the Award examiner, additionally to attend an award board each year to determine progression and awards.
All appointments are subject to the candidate meeting the University’s criteria for appointment. If you would like to be considered for this role, please submit a CV by email to email@example.com by Sunday 13 August, or for further information about the role email Professor Jon May (Psychology Assessments Officer) firstname.lastname@example.org