The undergraduate Trainee Nurse Associate programme, in the Division of Nursing and Midwifery, Health Sciences School, University of Sheffield, is seeking to appoint external examiners for the following course:
- Trainee Nursing Associates (Apprenticeship route)
Applicants having the relevant clinical and educational experience. Applicants must be a registrant with the Nursing and Midwifery Council. Whilst external examiner experience is desirable, we will also welcome applications and expression of interest from individuals new to the role. The Trainee Nurse Associate course is a full time foundation degree course with 80% time in practice and 20% in university. Year 1 is marked at academic level 4 and Year 2 is marked at academic level 5.
Full course details will be provided to the appointee. Board of Examiners meetings are currently held virtually.
The successful applicant would be appointed from September 2022 for a term of 4 years. Successful candidates will be expected to:
- Comment on/contribute to programme development
- Review, approve and provide feedback on student assessment procedures and QA.
- Attend relevant examinations boards/Boards of Study
- Provide an annual report
- It is a mandatory requirement to attend Exam Board when a Trainee Nurse Associate Apprentice/s are going through the gateway.
If you would like to discuss specific information relating to the above programmes, please contact the programme lead Louise Lancaster, firstname.lastname@example.org and Director of Apprenticeships Lynne E Firth, email@example.com
Applications: if interested in the above position, kindly send a copy of your CV to Mrs Tracey Pacan, firstname.lastname@example.org