The School of Health and Care Professions at the University of Portsmouth are seeking to appoint a suitably qualified external examiner for the Professional Doctorate Course.
There are a number of pathways to this course leading to the following qualifications-
- Doctorate in Biomedical Science (DBMS)
- Doctorate in Health Science (DHealthSci)
- Doctorate in Nursing (DNursing)
- Doctorate in Pharmacy (DPharm)
- Doctorate in Social Work (DSW)
- Doctorate in Medical Imaging (DMedImg)
The external examiner role is for the taught component of the programme. This consists of four modules taken part-time over two years. They aim to equip the student with the skills needed to enter the research phase of the doctorate. These modules are-
- Professional Review and Development
- Advanced Research Techniques
- Publication and Dissemination
- Proposal for Professional Research and Development
Current relevant experience in higher education at doctoral level is essential. Applicants with a background in health or social care related research would be particularly welcome.
Further information about the role of the external examiner at the University of Portsmouth can be found here – https://www.port.ac.uk/about-us/structure-and-governance/policies-and-standards/external-examiners
Applications: Please send a CV and brief expression of interest (no more than 1,000 words) to Sue Rourke Sue.Rourke@port.ac.uk by 12.00 midday on July 30th 2021. All appointments are subject to the candidate meeting the University’s criteria for appointments. Commencement date will be as soon as possible for a period of 4 academic years.