The School of Nursing and Advanced Practice at Liverpool John Moores University wishes to appoint one Adult field Registered Nurse as an External Examiner to support our current team of external examiners for modules within the Pre-registration Nursing team. This role is effective from mid January 2023 to cover a retirement. Liverpool John Moores University offers extensive support for external examiners and mentorship for candidates who have never been an External Examiner before. Further support is also provided by the programme team.
- Comment on the content of the subject area particularly regarding NMC Future Nurse: Standards of Proficiency for Registered Nurses.
- Examine summative assessment briefs, exam papers and student work to ensure academic standards and achievements of students are comparable with those in other UK higher education establishments of which the external examiner has experience. Written and audio assignment are submitted electronically via Turnitin.
- Provide informative comment and recommendations on whether the assessment process measures student achievement rigorously and fairly against the intended outcomes of the programmes and is conducted in line with the relevant policies and regulations.
- Attend examination boards and submit an annual report.
- Engage in communication with the academic and programme team.
- Engage with assessment of both theory and practice elements of the programme, where relevant.
The University normally expects external examiners to attend the Board of Examiners and to complete an annual External Examiner Report. The appointed External Examiner will work alongside other external examiners advising and commenting on modules at Liverpool John Moores University.
Applicants are advised that the University applies the following criteria to external examiners:
- The area of expertise of external examiners is within the area of assessment undertaken;
- Applicants should have recently been employed (or are still employed) within a university appointment;
- Applicants must not have been a Liverpool John Moores University examiner or employee within the last five years;
- Applicants will have a qualification registered with the NMC, a commitment to interprofessional education and, in addition, ideally will also have external examining experience.
Please note that due to existing external examiner arrangements we are not able to appoint candidates from the following institutions: Derby University, University of Ulster, Queen’s University Belfast, Surrey University, Sheffield Hallam University, De Montfort University, Staffordshire University. For expressions of interest, further information on the programme or to submit your CV, please contact Dr Nicola Morrell-Scott Programme Manager Pre-registration Nursing email@example.com