The University of Wolverhampton is seeking a replacement external examiner for the pre-registration BNURS Adult Nursing programme. Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced academic staff. Applicants should have a good understanding of UK Higher Education sector, quality, standards and quality assurance. Registration as an Adult Nurse with the Nursing and Midwifery Council, with relevant subject knowledge and experience is essential.
The University of Wolverhampton offers support for external examiners, including training, online resources and guidance and further support provided by the programme leader and module team. First-time external examiners will be mentored by an experienced external examiner from the Faculty
Applicants are advised that the University applies the following criteria to external examiners:
- The area of expertise of external examiners is within the area of examinations undertaken;
- Applicants should have recently been employed (or are still employed) within a university appointment;
- He/she must not have been a University of Wolverhampton examiner within the last five years;
- He/she will have a adult nursing qualification registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council and internal examining experience. Previous external examining experience would be welcomed but is not essential,
The appointment will be effective from 1st September 2023 and will continue for 4 years. The role requires both award and module external review
- Role of the Module Results External
- Role of the Award/Progression External
The role requires providing advice and recommendations to module teams about teaching and learning content and assessment design. External moderation of assessments, attendance at assessment review boards (on-line) and completion of an Annual External Examiners Report. It is also desirable that the external examiner can attend for one additional day in person to visit students and practice assessors/ supervisors in placement. All appointments are subject to a panel review of perspective nominations. Applications are by submission of CV.
If you are interested in applying for this role (or to request further information), please send a recent CV to Principal Lecturer in Nursing Ruth Handley R.Handley@wlv.ac.uk Monday 6th March 2023