The Association for Dementia Studies at the University of Worcester is seeking to appoint an External Examiner for our fully online Post Graduate Certificate in Dementia Studies. The External Examiner will be responsible for contributing to the quality assurance of the online course.
- Person-Centred Leadership: the VIPS Approach
- Expert Practice in Delivering Person Centred Dementia Care (Also offered as a separate Post Graduate Award)
- Supporting People Living with Advanced Dementia
- Enabling Environments for People Living with Dementia
- Engagement and Empowerment in Dementia Studies
- Dementia in the Family Context
The appointment starts from September 2023 with an opportunity to work alongside the existing external examiner for the course until December 2023. The tenure is for 4 academic years.
Previous external examining experience is preferred. Applicants should have:
1. current dementia education experience (at post graduate level) and/or clinical experience with relevance to a number of the specified areas above.
2. experience in online course design, delivery and development. We are particularly interested in candidates who hold experience in ongoing development of online courses at higher education level.
3. educated to at least Master’s level.
4. recent external examining or at least three years internal examining experience to demonstrate competence in assessing students in the subject area.
A fee is payable in line with sector norms as well as reasonable expenses, subject to standard HMRC regulations.
If you are interested and eligible, please apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org (Course Leader Dr Chris Russell) by 5pm on Friday 24th April 2023.
Please include the following information along with the email:
1. A letter (1000 words maximum) detailing the reasons you would like to be considered for the role, what you would bring, and how you meet the criteria set out above.
2. CV (4 pages maximum), including details of any other External Examining appointments you currently hold and have previously held, including the start and end dates of these appointments. Please include your address for correspondence and telephone number.
3. Details of any involvement you have had with the University of Worcester
Please contact Dr Russell if you have queries or wish to discuss the role further.
Applicants should be a member of academic staff at a UK higher education provider, but recently retired individuals are eligible for the role provided that they can provide evidence of continuing involvement in the subject area. External examiners should not have previous close involvement with the University which might compromise objectivity.
All external examiners must be fluent in the English language and be able to evidence eligibility to work in the UK. Please note that all appointments are subject to verification of eligibility to work in the UK, as per UK Visas and Immigration requirements.
Your data will be held and not processed for any purpose other than that for which it has been obtained, in accordance with current Data Protection Legislation until this recruitment process has concluded. Should you be unsuccessful in your application your data will be destroyed securely.