Staffordshire University School of Health and Social Care is seeking to appoint an External Examiner to ensure appropriate quality standards are achieved within its post-registration provision. The modules and qualifications cover a range of specialist areas from our continuing professional development portfolio and are delivered at Postgraduate and Undergraduate level to healthcare professionals.
Applicants will need to hold current registration with the NMC.
An ideal candidate will have experience in teaching and examining at a UK HE institution, have a good understanding of quality assurance, and have a broad subject knowledge in relation to the post-registration educational preparation of nursing and healthcare workers. Experienced and new external examiners will be considered, provided the applicant has the relevant professional qualification(s) and experience. The appointment will be for four academic years commencing August 2021.
External Examiners play a central role in the maintenance of the standards of the University’s awards and the currency of the curriculum. They perform this role through:
- discussions with the academic and administrative teams
- consideration of proposed programme modification(s)
- review of assessment tasks and examination papers
- review of samples of student work, including practice assessment documents/portfolios
- the endorsement of marks to ensure agreed, fully moderated and externally examined sets of results
- attendance at appropriate boards of examiners
- submission of annual reports
To apply for this vacancy please send a short expression of interest together with a current CV to QAO@staffs.ac.uk.
Further information on the external examining at Staffordshire University can be found at https://www.staffs.ac.uk/support_depts/adu/qes/external_examiners/index.jsp