We are seeking to appoint a Subject External Examiner for the Post Graduate Diploma in District Nursing. The programme is based within the School of Nursing and Midwifery, Faculty of Health. Students on the pathway will be District Nurses.
Consequently, the external examiner should hold the District Nurse Specialist Practice Qualification (SPQ) with experience of post-graduate educational provision, have a recordable teaching qualification and current registration with the NMC. Modules to be examined include a focus on district nursing specialist practice.
The programme team are currently working towards validating the programme against the new post-registration standards with an aim to commence a MSc/PG Dip in Community Nursing SPQ September 2024
The appointment will be for four years and the commitment required is as follows:
- To review a range of coursework throughout the year
- To attend via Zoom up to three assessment panels a year (March, June, and November) and the submission of external examiner reports
- To attend one assessment event per year if appropriate (for example, OSCE or oral presentation)
- To engage in communication with the programme team
- To carry out an interim visit per year, either in person or by virtual means, to meet with staff and students to obtain feedback on assessment in practice and to strengthen your engagement with the ongoing teaching, learning and assessment processes.
All appointments are subject to the candidate meeting the University’s criteria for appointment. If you would like to be considered for this, please submit a CV by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by the end of Sunday 2 July 2023 or for further information please contact Linda Duggan (Programme Lead) email@example.com