We are seeking to appoint a Subject External Examiner for the PGDip Social Work at the University of Plymouth. The programme is based within the School of Health Professions, Faculty of Health, and is a newly validated pre-qualifying programme in Social Work.
Consequently, the external examiner would be a Social Worker with experience of post-graduate educational provision, and a current registration with Social Work England. Modules to be examined include Social Policy and Law; Professional Practice; Contemporary Social Work Theories and Issues; and Ethics and Values for Social Workers. The appointment will be for 4 years and the commitment required is as follows:
- To review a range of coursework throughout the year
- Currently three assessment panels a year (March, June, and November) and the submission of external examiner reports
- To attend one assessment event per year if appropriate (for example oral presentation)
- To engage in communication with the programme team
- To carry out at least one interim engagement per year (which may take the form of a ‘virtual’ visit by video conference/Skype in recognition of the logistical difficulties presented by Plymouth’s geographical location) and at least one face to face visit during the term of office to obtain feedback from staff and to strengthen their engagement with the ongoing teaching and learning process
All appointments are subject to the candidate meeting the University’s criteria for appointment. If you would like to be considered for this, please submit a CV by email to email@example.com by 24 June 2022 or for further information please contact Andy Jolly on Andrew.firstname.lastname@example.org