Bournemouth University is seeking to appoint an External Examiner for the Post Graduate Diploma Specialist Community Public Health Nurse: Health Visiting and School Nursing programmes. These programmes are newly approved against the NMC 2022 Standards of proficiency for SCPHN’s and the Standards for post-registration programmes.
We are looking to appoint an experienced external examiner, preferably an SCPHN programme leader who is currently NMC registered as a Specialist Community Public Health Nurse, Health Visitor or School Nurse.
The appointment will be for a period of 4 years starting in October 2023 and the University provides an External Examiner Induction/Briefing seminar in November and March each year to support new and experienced External Examiners. The fee paid to External Examiners per year is £450.
As External Examiner, your duties would include:
- External moderation of a range of assignments at Level 7
- Review proposed assessment briefs to determine their appropriateness
- Submission of an annual report to the Academic Quality department
- Attendance at Assessment Boards
- Advising on matters such as programme review and/or modifications
Please send expressions of interest with a current CV to:
Dr Karen Rees, Principal Academic/SCPHN programme lead (firstname.lastname@example.org)
by Friday 21st July 2023.
We will also require proof of your right to work in the UK prior to the making the appointment.