Edge Hill University, Faculty of Health, Social Care and Medicine is seeking to engage an External Examiner for the following Allied Health, Social Work & Wellbeing Programme with immediate effect:
- Vacancy Ref: AHSWW23/01
- Programme: PG Dip Education Mental Health Practitioner for Children & Young People
- Closing Date: 5th February 2024
External Examiners are typically placed on the Edge Hill University External Examiners Register for a period of four years. Principle duties normally include;
• Review and approve assessment strategies and guidance that contribute to a student’s final award, and any other assessment material as agreed;
• Moderate assessed coursework and examination scripts;
• Attend module assessment boards;
• Produce an Annual External Examiners Report, aligned to University requirements;
• External Examiners may be invited to engage with students in practice;
• They will have an established background in low intensity mental health support for children and young people such (for example involved with Mental Health Support Team/ Children and Young People’s Wellbeing Practitioner), or a relevant professional experience in the fields of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, ideally you will hold a professional registration with BABCP or BPS and a valid teaching qualification.
• It is preferable to have previous experience of external examining and desirably experience of Higher Education quality processes.
If you would like to discuss specific information relating to the programmes, please contact:
Applied Health and Social Care – Michelle Craddock (Programme Lead)
Tel: 01695 599668 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
External examiners are paid an annual fee of approximately £587.91 based on time allocations plus reimbursement of expenses, as appropriate. Total fees may vary slightly dependent on the size of the provision covered by an External Examiner. The production and submission of the annual report is paid at a higher rate of £200 for the full 7.5 hours work. All fees are claimed through the claim form/online system when work is completed throughout the academic year, please liaise with the Academic Quality Officer to ensure you are set up on the system.
Admission to the University’s External Examiners Register is on the basis of satisfactory completion of the University’s Committee and Personnel approval processes, including Right to Work and Reciprocity Checks. Prospective External Examiners are encouraged to send an expression of interest and CV to Vicki Hall – email@example.com citing the programme title and vacancy reference.
Your data will be held and not processed for any purpose other than that for which it has been obtained, in accordance with current Data Protection Legislation until this recruitment process has concluded. Should you be unsuccessful in your application your data will be destroyed securely. For more information, our Privacy Notice is available at https://www.edgehill.ac.uk/externalexaminers/