The University of Northampton is looking for an External Examiner for the two programmes listed below, in the Nursing subject area for programmes run in partnership with Oxford University Hospitals (OUH) NHS Foundation Trust.
- Postgraduate Certificate in Adult Critical Care
- Graduate Certificate in Adult Critical Care (subject to validation in April 2023)
Students on these programmes will demonstrate practice and leadership in adult critical care through evidence-based practice and person-centre care. The programmes are designed to attract appropriately qualified and experienced nurses and allied healthcare professionals who are seeking to engage in programme of professional development. Currently the programmes are not subject to approval by a professional body.
Each programme is 60 credits comprised of three modules. Module titles include Delivering Contemporary Adult Critical Care Practice, Developing and Leading Contemporary Adult Critical Care Practice and Critical Care Competencies.
We are looking for someone:
- who is suitably qualified with expertise in the above areas, ideally a Programme Leader or Senior Lecturer on similar programmes;
- previous experience as an external examiner is strongly preferred;
- previous experience of working in partnerships is preferred but not essential.
The appointment will be for the four academic years 2023 to 2027 and will start immediately upon appointment.
Please note that we cannot currently accept applications from staff at the following institutions:
- Middlesex University
- Plymouth Marjon University
- Queens University
- University College London
- University of Chester
- University of East Anglia
- University of Essex
- University of Leicester
- University of Manchester
- University of Roehampton
- University of Sheffield
- University of West London
- University of Winchester
- University of York
The University of Northampton will not appoint an External Examiner from any of our approved partnerships. This information will be checked upon application.
Closing date: 12 April 2023
If you are interested in applying for any of these roles (or to request further information), please send a recent CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, clearly identifying which position you are applying for.
If you are unsuccessful in your application, we will destroy your application and CV after 1 month of the advert closing. If you are successful, your application and CV will be retained securely for 5 years, one year after the end of the 4-year contract.