Nottingham Trent University is seeking to appoint an external examiner for our BSc (Hons) Paramedic Science course. The course has approximately 45 students per year group. The successful candidate will be replacing an outgoing external examiner who will be in post until December 2023. The standard period of appointment is four years.
We welcome applicants who are registered as a Paramedic with the Health and Care Professions Council and must have the additional following criteria:
- Applicants should be an academic member of staff from another UK higher education institution
- Applicants must not have been an NTU examiner within the last five years
- Applicants will be considered if this is their first appointment as an external examiner but will need to discuss this with the point of contact below
NTU uses the NTU Online Workspace (NOW) virtual learning environment and Turnitin for electronic submission of summative assessments. The external examiner is expected to participate in the following:
- External examination of varied assessment types across all of the course modules.
- Assessment examples include clinical portfolios, examinations, OSCEs, and dissertations
- Advising on proposed course and module modifications
- Attendance at Assessment Boards (held virtually)
- Submission of an annual report
There is an induction process for External Examiners which is supported the University.
For further information on this vacancy please contact email@example.com
We welcome applications by submission of Curriculum Vitae & Expression of Interest to Dr Carl Webster – Carl.Webster@ntu.ac.uk
Senior Lecturer in Paramedic Practice & Emergency Care and Course Lead BSc Paramedic Science
Further information can be found on the NTU website: