Buckinghamshire New University is seeking to appoint two External Examiners one for a small intake MSc Nursing Degree programme (Mental Health field) and the other for a Nurse associate programme. A mental health nurse academic and an adult nurse academic are being sought for external examiner roles at BNU. It is a requirement for the external examiners to have an up to date registration with the Nursing & Midwifery Council. This appointment will begin in Feb/March 2023 depending on checks completion. The tenure of appointments is often for a four-year period. This role will suit nurse academics with expertise in mental health and the other with adult field expertise. Roles will ideally suit academics in leadership roles such as a Programme Leadership or Senior lecturers. Experience in external examiner role are desirable but academics with the relevant educational and professional experience will also be considered and are welcome. Our assessment boards are held virtually on Microsoft Teams and moderation is also undertaken virtually.
- To comment on the content of the subject area within recommended quality benchmarks
- Examine assignment briefs or exam papers and student work within area of expertise, to ensure that academic standards and achievements of work, submitted by students are comparable across the sector.
- To comment and make recommendations on assessment processes by stringently measuring student achievement fairly with the intended module outcomes.
- To ensure that assessments are conducted fairly and rigorously in line with relevant policies and regulations.
- To participate in assessment boards and submit an annual report of moderation activities prior to payment.
- Proactively engage with the programme delivery team for the continuous development of the required programmes to enhance quality.
Please contact- Director of Education Christina Ebanks at Christina.Ebanks@bnu.ac.uk or Head of Nursing Sue Higham at Sue.Higham@bnu.ac.uk for an informal chat prior to your application if this is preferable. Please send your CV to Sue.Higham@bnu.ac.uk or Christina.Ebanks@bnu.ac.uk if you would like to be considered for this role.