The School of Nursing, Midwifery and Health at Coventry University wishes to appoint an External Examiner to support our current team of external examiners for the following Nursing CPD modules, which will be delivered in partnership with the Royal College of Nursing:
- Infection Prevention & Control (Level 6 & 7)
- Leadership to Improve Physical & Mental Health Needs (Level 6 & 7)
- Leading Sustainability in Healthcare (Level 6 & 7)
Coventry University offers extensive support for external examiners and holds briefing workshops annually. Further support is also provided by the professional lead, course directors and course administrators. The University normally expects external examiners to attend a minimum of one examination board per year and to complete an annual External Examiner Monitoring Report.
The appointed External Examiner will work alongside other external examiners advising and commenting on modules at Coventry University.
Applicants are advised that the University applies the following criteria to external examiners:
- The area of expertise of external examiners is within the area of assessment undertaken;
- Applicants should have recently been employed (or are still employed) within a university appointment;
- Applicants must not have been a Coventry University examiner or employee within the last five years;
- Applicants will have a qualification registered with the HCPC or the NMC, a commitment to interprofessional education and in addition ideally will also have external examining experience.
For expressions of interest please send an up-to-date copy of your CV to Maxine Pryce-Miller, Associate Professor Nursing at email@example.com.