The School of Health and Social Care at the University of Essex is seeking to appoint an experience and suitably qualified External Examiner for our Non-Medical Prescribing course. This course forms part of our wider continuing professional development (CPD) provision. External Examiners are part of University quality assurance processes and provide an impartial, independent view of the course to ensure that it meets the academic standards and quality expected across the sector.
We are looking to appoint an external examiner to the following programmes and modules:
Nursing and Allied Health Care (Non-Medical Prescribing) Level 6 & 7
- HS604 Preparation for non-Medical Prescribing – Nurses, Midwives and SCPHNs
- HS637 Practice Certificate in Independent and Supplementary Prescribing for Allied Health Professionals
- HS632 Preparation for Independent and Supplementary Prescribing V300 (NMC/HCPC)
The Non-medical programme has accreditations with the NMC and HCPC. Essential: Applicants must be registered with the NMC or HCPC and hold V300 qualification/registration. Interested applicants must have relevant knowledge and experience in Non -Medical prescribing and have HE experience of teaching, managing, and assessing students. Whilst applications from experienced External Examiners are preferred, we will consider academics with appropriate educational and professional experience.
- to comment on the academic standards of the award/module and the quality and coherence of the course
- to produce an annual report, providing clear feedback in relation to the above, and commenting on the extent to which previous reports have been acted upon, and noting that such reports are made accessible to students
- to engage with the programme team in the continuous development of the programmes
To be eligible you should not:
- be a current External Examiner within the University of Essex
- have been employed at the University of Essex within the previous five years
The appointment will be for four years from October 2021.
Information on the external examining role at the University of Essex is available via https://www.essex.ac.uk/staff/academic-standards-and-quality#external-examiners
For informal inquires please contact Michelle Lewington, Programme Lead on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please email applications, including a C.V. to email@example.com for the attention of Paulina Lewandowska, Deputy School Manager, School of Health & Social Care, University of Essex by 19 July 2021.