Buckinghamshire New University is seeking to appoint 3 (Adult fields) external examiners and one child (field) external examiner, for BSc Nursing programmes and level 6 and 7 CPPD modules.
It is a requirement for the external examiners to have an up-to-date registration with the Nursing & Midwifery Council. This appointment will begin in January/2023. The tenure of appointments is often for a four-year period. The roles will suit nurse academics with expertise in adult and child fields, ideally academics with leadership roles such as a Programme Leadership or Senior Lecturers. Experienced External Examiners are desirable but academics with the relevant educational and professional experience will also be considered and are very welcome. All our assessment boards are held virtually on Microsoft Teams.
- To comment on the content of the subject area within recommended quality benchmarks
- Examine assignment briefs or exam papers and student work within area of expertise, to ensure that academic standards and achievements of work, submitted by students are comparable across the sector.
- To comment and make recommendations on assessment processes by stringently measuring student achievement fairly with the intended module outcomes.
- To ensure that assessments are conducted fairly and rigorously in line with relevant policies and regulations.
- To participate in assessment boards and submit an annual report of moderation activities prior to payment.
- Proactively engage with the programme delivery team for the continuous development of the required programmes to enhance quality.
Please contact- Director of Education Christina Ebanks at Christina.Ebanks@bnu.ac.uk or Head of Nursing Sue Higham at Sue.Higham@bnu.ac.uk for an informal chat prior to your application if this is preferable. Please send your CV to Sue.Higham@bnu.ac.uk or Christina.Ebanks@bnu.ac.uk if you would like to be considered for this role.