The College of Nursing, Midwifery and Healthcare is seeking to appoint a number of external examiners for this coming academic year. The following posts are available:
External Examiners – Nursing/ Nursing Associate programmes
• FdSc Nursing Associate (NMC curriculum) – 2 posts
• BNursing (Hons) / PG Dip and MSci (dual registration) – Learning Disabilities Nursing
• BNursing (Hons)/ PG Dip and MSci (dual registration) – Mental Health Nursing
• Professional Doctorate Framework
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced lecturers in nursing or healthcare. For the professional doctorate framework, we looking for someone who holds a doctorate and who has experience examining doctoral work (preferably Professional Doctorate Work). Registration with a relevant professional body is essential. All appointments are subject to the candidate meeting the University’s criteria for appointment. The posts would start in September 2023. Tenure will normally be for a period of four years.
There are intakes across the two campuses (Brentford and Reading). The assessment boards are all held on our Brentford campus. You will be joining a team of external examiners.
As an External Examiner you will be expected to:
• Be employed in Higher Education
• Scrutinize samples of examination/essay scripts and other assessed materials, advising module assessment boards on the content and standard of assessments.
• Attend a minimum of 2 assessment boards a year.
• Attend the annual Field Reviews.
• Undertake an annual visit to practice, to meet with students and mentors
• Review new modules in preparation for validation events.
• Advise on academic misconduct and appeal cases.
• Submit an annual report to the University Quality Boards.
If you have not been an external examiner before, a mentor would be appointed for you. You would be part of a team of external examiners for the Pre-registration nursing and healthcare courses here at the University. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions. If you are interested in the above post please send your expressions of interest, together with a full CV, by the 5th June 2023, in the first instance to:
0208 209 4118