The School of Nursing, Midwifery and Health at Coventry University wishes to appoint an External Examiner to support our current team of external examiners for our portfolio of Non-Medical Prescribing modules that students may take as part of a PgCert in Independent and Supplementary Prescribing, a PgCert in Clinically Enhanced Independent Prescribing or as stand-alone modules.
The appointment will be for 4 years from September 2021 to September 2025.
We view the role of External Examiner as central to our quality assurance and enhancement procedures. You will assist in assuring that the standards across modules are appropriate and comparable with similar awards at other UK institutions, and that all assessments are carried out fairly. Coventry University offers extensive support for external examiners and holds briefing workshops annually. The University normally expects external examiners to attend a minimum of two Board of Examiners meetings per year and to complete an annual External Examiner Monitoring Report
We are looking for an External Examiner to be responsible for the following modules:
• Practice Certificate in Independent Prescribing and Supplementary Prescribing 1 (Level 6 and Level 7)
• Practice Certificate in Independent Prescribing and Supplementary Prescribing 2 (Level 6 and Level 7)
• Conversion from Supplementary to Independent Prescribing
• Community Practitioner Nurse Prescribing
• have a professional background in nurse prescribing
• be working at the level of Senior Lecturer (or equivalent) or above
• be working within a Higher Education Institution
If you would like further information, please contact Clare James at email@example.com or, alternatively, if you would like to be considered for this role, please submit an up to date CV to the same address.